Friday, January 21

Red Lentils

Since we'll be moving in a week, I decided to have a look in our cabinets to see what kind food items we have left. I found a whole pack of red lentils and started looking into recipes for it. There is one website for recipes that I found back in November which I found really helpful and easy to use: allrecipes.com  I found this recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lebanese-Style-Red-Lentil-Soup/Detail.aspx which seemed easy enough for me to try myself in. We didn't have any lemon juice nor cilantro and I had to use green onions. Instead of going for 8 servings I just did half of the recipe, it even calculates the ingredients for you. The only thing you have to do is to enter in the servings that you plan to prepare. I was full of motivation that this would turn out great and would be delicious. I have had lentil soup on numerous occasions from different Shawarma places and always loved it. I used some extra garlic again since I thought the green onions wouldn't be as flavorful as the other onions. Although the recommended cooking time was 30min, my lentils were nice and tender after just 20min even on the lowest setting. I just couldn't resist tasting them and I found them to be just fine after that time. The soup turned out amazing and I cannot wait for my roomie to get home and try it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment